Thursday, August 7, 2008

BYU

I have just over two weeks before I fly out to Utah... and then three weeks until my first semester at college starts.

This is pretty exciting, but in multiple ways. For example, I am not really meaning excited in it's most common definition, but in more of a scientific way. I am like an excited electron, or a proton... probably a neutron since I'm not necessarily looking at college in a negative or positive way. Haha. I feel very much on middle ground. Just waiting for it to start and to have fun... and get stressed... get away from home... and miss friends. It's interesting.

Unfortunately, I haven't really had a summer break, but I assume this is what life will be like for awhile. I am now more excited for school than to be working in the summer. My job is monotonous and leaves me very vulnerable to developing Carpal Tunnel Syndrome because I only click a mouse every second for a minimum of 8 hours a day each week. What's most annoying is that leaving my hand in one position cuts of circulation from my wrist, leaving my hand to freeze in a hospital already at an ice box temperature. Why are hospitals cold like that? Do they really think the patients are more comfortable being sick and freezing? I guess it makes sense if you're on fire or in labor, but does the entire structure of the hospital need to be cold? Maybe I should wear one glove to work to try and keep it warm. Who hasn't ever wanted to look like Michael Jackson, anyway? haha.. well, thats one thing I can't wait to finish when I leave. I just hope I get a better job when I come home next summer.

2 comments:

Cheri said...

Gee, good thing you're leaving soon or you might have to be treated for frostbite. I hope you're so excited about BYU; what a fun time of life that is!

little mrs w said...

hahahahahahaha :)