Thursday, April 15, 2010

Challenges

I often don't talk about the challenges of my past. Probably because I don't want to sound like I'm complaining or like , "Oh look at me, look what I've done," or because I just feel that no one should care because we all have challenges - everything is relative when it comes to the challenges we all face.... but lately, I've realized that a few people have asked me how it's been with some challenges, like having divorced parents.

Everything with all my struggles has been difficult, but I want to acknowledge that I wouldn't take anything back. I would not be who I am today without the trials of my life. And I would not know the beauty of the Gospel and that everything is always better in the end. Every challenge, to me, is an opportunity to grow and learn. I may hate them sometimes, but I know it's all for my potential - I can do hard things. Everyone can do hard things.

And maybe I should share the trials I've gone through just to stand as a witness that you can still be happy - I love my life. The source of most help for me is the Atonement and knowledge of the Gospel. I have been so blessed to have problems and to have problems solved.

I know this could be nothing or a lot to some people, but I've gone through having divorced parents, gaining many siblings, moving multiple times (states and countries), having overwhelming stress, kidney stones, many deaths of friends and family, depression, bad friends, losing best friends, etc.

I feel that most of the challenges we face in life are similar, like losing friends, and we need to learn to bear each others burdens, hold out a hand, and lend an ear. And then there are more rare challenges, like kidney stones, but we all have our unique challenges, too, that can be related to each other. We need to offer more service.... and if anyone wants to ask me to listen or to tell them about my experiences for validation, I am more than willing to help.

I hope whoever reads this and is having a hard time knows they're never alone... and there are always people who care.

1 comment:

Melonius said...

two of bruce's sisters had kidney stones recently. one while she was pregnant. i asked if it's worse than childbirth and she said yes. and her husband said that the souvenirs are much better after going through labor. :-) so giving birth is going to be a piece of cake for you.