Monday, May 3, 2010

I miss my cat

Today after work, I rushed back to the apartment to pay my rent.

On my way, a cute (okay... so it looked skinny and dirty, so I know others would think otherwise) black and white cat followed me and even waited till I paid my rent to follow me back to the apartment. I thought, well this cat is skinny and I like cats - I don't care if I feed it and it comes back. I planned to keep it out on the porch while I grabbed something similar to cat food - cheerios?

Before I even got in the door the cat was wandering around the house. It was a proper guest at first - only walking where I walked, but then it started getting comfortable. The cat jumped on the counter, walked around my room, went into Whitney's room, etc. Luckily, this was a smart and understanding cat ... WAIT ... NOT luckily. It was great when it listened to me tell it to get out of stuff and off the counter and it went where my finger pointed. But when it realized I was bringing the food outside to get it out there to stay, it went right back into the kitchen. I would call it back and it would come as close to the door as the couch when it would turn around again.

Finally, I just picked it up (no worries, I have washed my hands) and plopped it out side... and it ran back in! Haha, I did it again and shut the door behind me the second time. And when someone ran by, the cat ran away, too. I looked at it from the opposite end of the building. It stared at me then ran away. And I went back inside to eat some food.

I miss my Molly cat. She isn't quite as nice as this cat, but I love her so much more!

No comments: