Thursday, May 27, 2010

Journal 5/27/2010 - I never knew how powerful charity could be - It changes all of your being

Last night, I stayed up too late. I knew I would be tired today. When I'm tired - I'm selfish and I forget others. I prayed that if I focused on others, Heavenly Father would give me the strength to last through the day with only 4 or 5 hours of sleep. My prayers have been answered once again, but my heart is in tears. My mind has been swallowed by the thoughts of the girls in my Relief Society... Well, they're women. They're amazing. And their challenges are not easy. They're broken-hearted, they're homesick, they have issues with their roommates, they're lonely, they're unemployed, etc. etc. And I wish so much for them to turn to each other and help one another. They are individually so kind, friendly, and caring. They will grow wonderfully from these challenges - I hope. I hope so much that they will be filled with charity to forget themselves more in the service of others. My heart cries for the weight they carry. I can't do it all. I want them to know how much their sunshine will strengthen each other until their burdens are the least of their worries. I want them to see the potentials they still have even when they feel lower than dirt. They are beautiful.

No comments: