I wouldn't say we did the most adventurous things, but something about doing simple things together excites me. It is fun to make normal things more fun by adding someone special.
Thursday night, the constant playing of "Here Comes My Man" in my head ended as soon as Jon was standing in front of anxious me.
Thursday evenings are my temple nights, so we went to the Provo Temple to do baptisms.
When our tummies started protesting in hunger, we went out to eat Italian. The restaurant was pretty cool, actually. You chose your pasta and then the sauce... we were adventurous and had "spicy" (NOT) sauce with bow tie pasta, and angel hair with a 5 cheese sauce.
Afterwards, we kidnapped this tall kid and told him to drive us up the canyon in his pick-up truck... and there, in the dark dark night, we walked him up this scary trail to a place where we thought we'd bury him and then run off and make-out or something... but that didn't happen. This tall guy turned out to be quite pleasant company, so we kept him and decided to go lay out in the grass of a field and look at the stars because the hiking trail was too creepy in the dark. Plus, we didn't bring any shovels, and we prefer being chauffeured over driving ourselves anywhere.
After we got tired of that adventure, we went off to explore campus, like we did Jon's last visit. Campus is quite an interesting land when you wander through the architecture and landscaping you rarely notice.. I like this place.
Friday was much more adventurous than Thursday. We woke at a reasonable hour in the morning and as we were venturing across Campus Country again, our heads were sabotaged by one talkative lady and one quiet, concentrated lady.... and they snipped inches of our hair! Fortunately, my split ends are gone now and Jon's new do makes him look dashingly handsome. Unfortunately.... there are no pictures from any of our adventures, so you'll just have to imagine us being more attractive.
The next adventure was worse than the first....SHOPPING. Well, it was a treasure hunt, I suppose, but you know how searching for things gets less and less exciting.... However, as soon as we found our treasure, we were much happier. Jon found a nice shirt for school, and I got a belt and new shoes for Robin's wedding. I'm actually quite happy with the purchase I made, except that breaking in shoes hurts sometimes.
As soon as our shopping was completed, we found ourselves lost within a dream of a dream of a dream.... we began to experience Inception. Although confusing at times, it was very interesting and I enjoyed the experience. I, however, lost my sense of reality at times... but after two and a half earthly hours worth of dreaming, Jon and I found ourselves in the blazing heat of the late afternoon sun in the parking lot. We decided Inception was great. I personally want to experience it again to understand it more, although I didn't think it was too confusing anymore as the movie went on.... but I had questions when it ended, so I want to see it again.
The car was burning from the heat of the sun so for a while we tried to not get microwaved until we were able to travel back homeward. Once at home, we went to the apartment that is similar to an ice box when the weather of that day was like an oven. And then my sister showed up! So we spent time talking with her until everyone in the room was hungry and decided to head out the door.
While the other adventurers headed towards India, Jonathan and I went to Macey's to grocery shop.
We also went to Walt Awards! Our ward had an activity where we went to the red carpet and had our versions of Disney movies viewed and awarded. It was quite the event to be at, and Jon and I dressed the best out of anyone else there: t-shirts and jeans. Woohoo!
Because we put everyone else to shame with our fantastic outfits, we had to run away. We went back to my mansion of an apartment to make food for a picnic up the canyon. We were definitely scoring awesome points as Team J making great sandwiches. And our reward was our yummy meal out on a blanket in a park lit by lamp posts. Oh, it was the most enjoyable adventure of our day, and a wonderful ending to our evening before Jon had to depart further west for an even greater adventure than we can imagine that is awaiting him.
And I stay here to write the tales.
The End
No comments:
Post a Comment