Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving


Happy Thanksgiving!
(Black Friday, actually)

I've been very fortunate to be able to spend this holiday with Jon, his family, and some of my family, as well. I'm grateful for a lot of things that make this holiday possible. There are many other things, too, like my family - I am very grateful that I have one and that I have the one that I do. I am extremely grateful for the gospel and Christ's atonement. I am thankful for the arts, so I can be creative and live somewhere that encourages my creativity and personal progress. I'm grateful for BYU and all that I have been able to learn and apply to my life. I'm especially grateful for the great people I know in this world and all the blessings that come from knowing them. And there is more, but I'd like to note how much I appreciate challenges in life that only help me to learn and become a better person. I wouldn't trade those experiences for anything. I have definitely complained and I regret it. 

I hope everyone who reads this has had a good break and has taken time each day to be filled with gratitude - it's a contagious habit, I think, that helps to create a happier and healthier perspective.

No comments: