Sunday, January 31, 2010

Nerd Night



Today.... I was a nerd. I looked like I was in middle school again. Originally, I was going to go bowling with some friends and we were going to dress like bowling nerds and be all hardcore. Plans changed, but the attire did not. Dressing up is too fun. So fun, in fact, I wore my nerd outfit almost all day. It consisted of side pigtails, hair clips, headband, purple shirt tucked into green and blue plaid pants, brown leggings (it's winter), white knee-high socks, and red One Stars (See picture above). Oh yes, and I wore my retainer.

The plans changed to going to the movies to see "When in Rome" (good movie, by the way... possibly because the guy was very attractive and it was a short girl getting a tall guy). When I got to the theater to buy my ticket, there was a girl in front of me in line buying a ticket to the same movie. It was around $5 and I was like "WOOAAH!! awesome." I went up to buy mine. The woman at the ticket counter told me it was $8.50......... confused? I gave her my money without questioning until I heard the girl in the line next to me getting a student discount. I asked the woman helping me, "Do I get a student discount?" She replied, "Only college students can get discounts with their student i.d." So I said, "Well, I'd like my discount, I'm a student at BYU," and I flashed my i.d. to her.

Lessons from today: 1) Pig tails make me look years younger, 2) Even if I passed as a child, I wouldn't get a discounted ticket, 3) Dressing like a nerd makes good stories.

1 comment:

Katheryn Wiederhold said...

That was fun! Thanks for wanting to dress up! Made the movies a more fun place to be.