Tuesday, February 2, 2010

In Memory of Elder McKay Choy Burrows

Video Courtesy of KSL.com



Unfortunately, I wish I knew him better as a friend, but I have several memories just being in Freshman Academy and the same ward with him. I will always remember the smile he had and that he would make funny comments. He was the best Rufio I ever saw. He seemed to be confident and very kind. I know he was very loved by my friends who were closer to him.

My best memory of him, and the funniest, was our project for University 101 when he was responsible for getting our poster. We really needed the poster for our presentation the next day and I could not get ahold of him at all. When I would call his phone, the answering machine was his mother saying he could not answer the phone. He had been grounded from it. It was pretty funny and a little flustering, but he was reliable and came to save the day with our poster! The presentation went well, but he would laugh with me when we felt like we had no clue what we were saying or we were complaining about the project.

Although I did not know him as well as others, I will definitely miss him and am excited to see him again someday. My prayers are with his family and friends as well as those of his mission companion, Elder Jace Davis.

2 comments:

c & h said...

he was a very good friend. We will miss him.
ps.
how do you add videos? i could only post a link

the little mrs. said...

Definitely.

Umm I got the embed code off of ksl.com's article. Just copy and paste.