After spending hours watching Improv Everywhere I just fall more and more and more in love with people. I'm so happy to be studying psychology. I am learning, especially within cities like NYC or Toronto where people seem cynical, that everyone has a beautiful, loving, happy side to them. People are friendly more than I think most realize. I especially noticed this when I was riding the subway this last summer. I sat next to a teenage gangsta who just didn't seem interested in anything around him at first. Iusually never talk to people on the subway, but I really did not think I would end up talking to the boy. He turned to me and noticed my large stud earrings. After a few seconds he was complimenting me on them and asking me where I got them because he was looking for a nice pair. He turned out to be a very kind guy. I must be a snob.
I remembered this moment from then on as I've ridden public transit and seen how easily you can bring out the nice side in people.
Today, Robin and I just rode the subway across the entire city without getting out of the subway. We listened to some music and just observed the people on the car. I could not stop smiling. I wanted people to be happy, and when I saw how friendly people were, I was even happier. A smile is contagious and opens hearts. I think I made several new friends today.
I love observing people even more now. I get excited to want to know them.
1 comment:
I love people watching! It's true! The most grouchy looking people, most often turn up to be the nicest.
Post a Comment