Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Monday with the Missionaries
This picture was made possible to a fantastic day spent roaming around Tdot on P-day with the missionaries.
I can't help feeling so happy when I'm with them. They are shining examples of what I want to be. Elder Dewey is so dedicated to his work, and he's only been here about 5 months. I remember when he first came here. I think some credit to the missionary he is now can go to Elder Barlow who was his trainer and had only been here about 8 months. They're quite possibly my favorite elders I've met here. We're around the same age, so I hope someday to see them again at BYU and hang out. They're awesome.
It was especially neat on the bus ride home with the Hermanas. We were kind of spread throughout the bus laughing and talking when this older woman walked on the bus. Hermana Drake said hello and smiled. The woman wasn't sure if Hermana Drake had addressed her and said, "Sorry, did I interrupt your conversation or was that to me?" Hermana Drake smiled and said, "No, I was saying hello to you, how are you?" The woman's eyes lit up as she smiled and answered. I was sitting across from this and smiled so much. The woman noticed me smiling and smiled even more. I periodically would look back at the woman as I noticed her observing all of us smiling and talking about missionary work. I think she noticed something different and she liked it. To me, it was a beautiful moment that just gave me more desire to be friendlier to people. It reminded me of my time here over the summer trying to be a better member missionary.
It was a great day. I hope to have changed from the experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment