Haha, so this is more of a silly irony of the week. I got sick on Sunday, got over it during the week (I was just congested), and I started to lose my voice yesterday afternoon. Since I have been listening to Mindy's Feather in the Wind album this week, this made me think of her song, "If I Had No Songs."
Today, my voice is completely lost. I can only whisper and maybe get a few words in a low range, but it hurts a bit. There's a stanza in the song:
if my voice ran dry
if all my melodies had gone awry
for no reason why
I would choose to bring
to weary souls
the songs that only hearts can sing
I'd face a falling world with wings
if my voice ran dry
Haha... So the irony is just that I've been listening to this song and my voice has actually ran dry. Also, there have been ups and downs to this week, and it's actually been a goal of mine this week to be of more help to people, so I hope I've maybe applied these words to my life to some extent.
ANYWAY...
I am not going to lie, losing my voice is one of my favorite things in the world. The point I'm at where it's pretty much dead isn't the best, but I like having a funny sounding voice. It makes a new singing range for me and it makes my friends (and me) laugh. :]
No comments:
Post a Comment