Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Mindy G.


"Why do I promise I'll never turn back when one step ahead steps right into the past
And I'm back to the start where my head's taking over my heart again"

I love her music. Sometimes, I just enjoy it, but other times, I feel like she knows just how I feel or I can finally understand her lyrics. The beauty of this connection in music that we find is that it proves to us that we're never totally alone. Life is an experience we're all learning from and trying to enjoy.

Well, this line of her song "Hard" in her latest album, "Feather in the Wind," sums up pretty well how I felt last week. A lot of the time, the hard stuff in our life can just be all in our heads and it takes clearing up. And it's always easier when you've got people who love you unconditionally.

Okay, so the rest of this song wasn't quite how I was feeling, but the first line I wrote out was. There is a challenge in finding that place where your heart and mind meet in harmony. The truth is, most of the time, your heart is right and there, are many times when you have to take a leap of faith, but you can't be careless either, so use your brain!

Anyway, I definitely suggest Mindy's music if you're interested. Plus, she's a super nice person from the little moments I've spent with her, sooooo yeah, she's pretty cool and inspiring.

Here are some of her great songs from her "Sum of All Grace" album:
A Little More Like Thee
Small Enough
Garden Walls
Emma
River God (my personal favorite)



My apologies if I've already written about her. She is just fantastic.

No comments: