Sunday, April 25, 2010

It's the end and the beginning

To quote "Closing Time": Every new beginning comes from another beginning's end.

So I'm halfway through the money squeezer I call college. It feels good. Mostly because I have learned SO MUCH. Most of what I have learned is about life.

It's all perspective, self discipline, faith, hope, patience, and charity. And more, of course, but I think my challenges and blessings focused on these things.

Through the entire year, the most constant thing I was reminded of was that prayers are answered. Always. Always. Always. But it requires faith, hope and patience.

And when you're having a rough time - stop thinking about yourself and serve. Charity is love, it is happiness. We are all often too selfish, I definitely am - I've noticed it so much more as I've tried to work on being more selfless. I have realized when I'm annoyed or upset or anything that isn't full of joy, it is because I am being selfish. As soon as I try to focus on what I can do for others and think outside myself, I am happier and problems are slowly, yet surely, solved. There is a reason why Christ stressed charity. It is an absolutely necessary ingredient to eternal happiness.

I have also realized that gaining these attributes takes so much time and effort - conscious effort. You have to pray for the reminder of your goals and for help... everyday. You may need to even set goals and schedule it as cheesy as it sounds - it was cheesy to me! It takes work and desire. And a whole lot of patience with yourself and your imperfections. Never lose hope either... it will be a slow journey uphill, but you'll grow.


WELLLLLL... this year definitely had it's fair share of challenges, tears... and I even was reminded of what having stress felt like! I didn't know what I was doing with my summer at one point... I only knew the direction, but specifics were the scary part... and this last week everything fell into place - pretty much immediately after I prayed. There were very many other great and small blessings. Some I don't believe I deserve but this is the glory of a loving and merciful Heavenly Father.
Progression is what He wants, so I will aim for my potential.

I am soooo grateful for these experiences in life. I am so excited for the rest to come. Sure they can seem overwhelming, but I am very optimistic and have no doubt that I can grow and improve.




Have a great Summer!!!!