Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I'm fascinated

With these new books I found in the bookstore.

So... I love going to bookstores. I especially love looking at "How To..." kinds of books that have pictures to help explain things.

Well, today, I found two books that I found really interesting.

I used to be an exercise science major because I really like anatomy and learning about the body - I wanted to do physical therapy. I'm definitely more of a psychology person, though. I'm also (basically) minoring in modern dance, so I'm still in love with movement.

I found a book on conditioning the body for dance, which I want to get because it seemed very useful and descriptive about how it prepared the body for improving movement. Then, I found a book on the anatomy of a dancer. I had never seen something like it before and it was so cool! It had so many pictures of positions in dance and which muscles were engaged. And it explained how you could exercise that particular muscle at different levels in dance.
Thinking about this all makes me excited for this study I'm participating for the exercise science department.

SO COOL! 




Someday I'll buy lots of "How To..." books. Like hair styling, publishing, painting, etc. . . haha.


Oh... and VERY kind of random, but related to the dancing. I finally saw "Singing in the Rain" - LOVED IT! Gene Kelly is great.

No comments: