Thursday, July 22, 2010

You know enough

You can know the things you need to know. Pray that you will learn to receive that inspiration and remain worthy to receive it. Keep that channel—your mind—clean and free from the clutter of the world.” Boyd K. Packer, “Prayer and Promptings,” Ensign, Nov. 2009, 45

It's frustrating when you know how life is but your mind doesn't want to settle with it. My father had to remind me this past week that I'll never fully know what lies ahead in life - I have a clue - but really, I don't know. All I know is that I will have opportunities to grow and to learn. I know I can be happy regardless of the circumstances that confront me. I know enough to keep moving forward. And that is most important: I must continue forward. I know that when I take a step, it will meet the ground, and even if I trip or fall a little there are no bottomless pits here. Also, I will always have a way to get back up and keep going. I cannot spend my time worrying about the path I don't see. With faith, I have to move forward knowing the path is prepared wherever I choose to go.

I know enough and I don't need to know everything because I would not learn otherwise. This life is for learning from.

Be excited for the adventure ahead!

No comments: