Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A super cool story

Last week: Last Monday

Soo one of my best friends is getting married this summer, and I am one of her brides maids. She had requested that I find a pink vintage dress for her wedding. I was excited to finally know what to start looking for.

That night for Family Home Evening, our activity was playing Bigger or Better. To play, you start off with a paperclip, go around to homes, and see if anyone will trade you for anything bigger or better than a paperclip. You keep trading items until you've got the biggest or best thing, basically. It is well-known that a man that once did this got a house.


My group started with a paperclip. We traded it for ten pesos, which we then traded for a white board marker. When we tried to trade the white board marker, a 90 year old man laughed in our face, so we went to the next home where we got a "Happy Birthday Princess!" sign. Now here's the super cool part... the next home offered to just give us something rather than trading, and we got ... A PINK VINTAGE DRESS. (proof below). We did go to one more home, which really worried me because this dress was exactly what I was told to find! Fortunately, this home was owned by a generous couple who gave us an apron for nothing in return.


Now, I don't really know if we won the game, but I sure felt like I won at life.... and just to let you know: I'm not wearing this dress for my friend's wedding.

3 comments:

Katheryn Wiederhold said...

That is awesome!!! :) Miracle!

Meagarific said...

Wait... you're NOT wearing it to your friend's wedding?

the little mrs. said...

Nope... it's not the right shade of pink, so I've got another one coming in the mail... luckily it was less than $50! :]